Monday, April 30, 2012

In the Sea by David Elliott

In his latest poetry collection, David Elliott leaves the wild and farms behind and dives into the deep. His poetry and Holly Meade's woodblock print illustrations celebrate life beneath the waves.

What I thought: Another hit from Elliott and Meade! I've grown so fond of their poetry collections, I ordered a copy of In the Sea for all my library branches. This is poetry for young children at its best. My favorite poems are "The Sea Horse," "The Starfish," and "The Puffer Fish." Holly's woodblock prints are great. I love the bold black lines and the colors are perfect. My favorite illustrations are the starfish, coral, anemone, and clown fish. I can't wait to use In the Sea during story time.

My reviews of Elliott and Meade's Other Collections:
On the Farm
In the Wild

(Illus. Holly Meade. Candlewick, 2012)

No comments: